ARServices is actively seeking Operations Director, Research & Development Services candidates to provide in the areas of Research and Development (R&D), Science and Technology (S&T). Areas of focus will include but are not limited to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear & High Yield Explosives (CBRNE) and Medical Technologies. This individual would also be eager to expand ARServices’ footprint in the Federal Research and Development Science and Technology (S&T) market. The position is located in Alexandria, VA.
The Operations Director, R&D Services will serve as the primary interface and point of contact with the customer’s Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and the Technical Point of Contact (TPOC). The Operations Director, R&D Services shall be responsible for managing and overseeing the activities of all ARServices personnel as well as subcontractor/teaming partner efforts used in the performance of the contracts and task orders. The Operations Director, R&D Services shall be responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning schedules, reviewing deliverables, supervising staff, mentoring project managers, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to employees, partners and clients. The Operations Director, R&D Services will be responsible for overall contract and task order performance.
The Operations Director, R&D Services will also be responsible for business growth within their programs, client organizations and the expansion of service offerings in their portfolio.
Business Growth Qualifications
- Identify, qualify, and win new, long-term business opportunities that capitalize on ARServices’ core capabilities and position the company for large program opportunities
- Apply innovative practices to meet customer business needs and to shape solutions specific to customer account requirements
- Manage customer relationships and communicate opportunities and issues to the Proposal teams on a continual basis; collaborate, coordinate, and communicate effectively with essential back-office and critical operational functions
- Coordinate business development activities with other teammates to maximize the ability to deliver solutions in the accounts
- Lead development of customer call plans for opportunities
Operations Director Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years supervisory & management experience related to Research & Development and Science & Technology support services in the federal marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to identify and win new business with a strong network of professionals and clients; must have the capability to take a new contract or task order award and build a high performing team around it
- Ability to serve as ARServices’ primary point of contact to government customers and represent ARServices in communications with the Government’s Contracting Officer, COR, and TPOC
- Demonstrated experience implementing project management principles and managing, tracking, and coordinating a wide range of actions, documents, and tasks through completion
- Demonstrated performance in running and managing multi-million dollar programs
- Experience managing multiple task orders/contracts with the Federal Government
- Experience managing contract portfolio to meet corporate financial and quality objectives
- Ability to engage in client facing activities and proposal development for complex selling solutions
- Ability to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
- Enable organization to achieve greater flexibility and attain competitive advantages by leveraging its human capital
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Experience leading a team of at least 30+ personnel
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a related technical field.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Program Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III Program Management certification strongly desired
- Experience and ability to effectively direct and manage contract functions involving multiple, complex and interrelated project tasks supporting DoD customers is strongly preferred.
- Must have current Top-Secret or Secret clearance reflected in Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- Proven experience capturing new work on task orders and/or new competitive business opportunities
- Experience working at or with DTRA
- Small company experience a plus
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.